- SOD Athletes and Coaches travel to Canmore for Frozen Thunder - Quite a number of Southern Ontario District athletes and coaches made the trip to Canmore, Alberta to ski on the first cross country ski track in North America for the new season. Frozen Thunder is created from snow stored in the mountains from last winter, trucked onto the course and groomed using a Piston Bully […]
- Check the News on the Cross Country Ontario Website - Cross Country Ontario has released updated news and qualification information for the Canada Winter Games and news about the use of Low fluoro or No Fluoro waxes for all age categories from Midgets and younger. This new wax policy will apply to the Ontario Midget Championships too. Visit the CCO site for more details.
- The High School Nordic Ski Race Calendar is Filling Up - The High School Series of races and invitational events are starting to line up on the Calendar and on the High School Invitationals page. In addition, all the SOD race events have a category for high school racers – all high school skiers are invited to participate in the new SOD Paraffin Series of races. […]
- CCC Level 1 Officials Course at Highlands Nordic on Nov 22, 2014 - A Cross Country Canada Level 1 Officials course will be held at Highlands Nordic November 22, 2014. On completion of the course, a Level 1 official will be able to: perform all the duties of “individual technical and administrative officials” for Olympic and Popular Cross-Country Ski (Loppet) type competitions. possess a general knowledge of the […]
- University of Waterloo Announces Rollerski Duathalon Nov 1, 2014 - The University of Waterloo Nordic Ski Team has announced a run and rollerski duathalon to be held on November 1, 2014. For men: there will be a 5.5km run and 8km roller ski. For women, it will be a 4km run and 8km roller ski. Youth categories and distances can be made available upon coach […]
- SOD Introduces Exciting New Paraffin Racing Series - The Southern Ontario District Board of Directors are proud to introduce a new racing series for elementary, high school, college and university students. One of the distinguishing features of this racing series is that it is focused on having fun and skiing fast, without relying on fancy high end waxes. That’s why it’s called the […]
- 2014 – 2015 O Cup Schedule Announced By Cross Country Ontario - The 2014 – 2015 Ontario Cup Schedule, as well as important race dates for Ontario Midget Championships, OUA Championships and OFSAA are now posted. visit www.xco.org or view the O Cup Schedule here: 14-09-19_2014-2015_Ontario_Cup_Formats-Techniques